Thursday, August 4, 2011

They're listening...

Our little family has been finding reprieve from the heat in the pool.  Heading home from the Y the other evening we were praising the munchkins on their ever improving swimming skills...

And you, wee girlie...you're turning into a fish!


Not a fish...I'm a Mermaid!


Very well!  You're turning into a mermaid!


Because I'm going to be a Mermaid when I grow up.


Um...well...we're Human and, as far as I know, changing species isn't really an option.

I'm going to be a Mermaid!  I can be anything I want to be when I grow up and I want to be a mermaid!

Slight amendment to the "You can be anything you want to be, do anything you want to do" speech to now include "within current species and dimension".   And here I said I'd never put limitations on my children.  That didn't last very long.

No comments: