Friday, June 10, 2011

Status report...

Laced up for a run this morning.  And at 6:20 in the am, it was already soup outside!  It's going to be a loooong summer.  I suppose the good part is that the 1/2 marathon in September is at the beach and I'm going to be running in the exact same conditions I've been running in--Hot and Humid.  There'll be people coming in from all over who aren't used to that and it's going to kick their booties.  So, I have that going for me.

First ever catcall whilst running this morning.  Horn honked and a, "Lookin' good, bay-bee!" You know, officially? I'm offended.  But the fat girl in me?  She was all...really?! Gosh...thanks! Sure beats the heck out of the time I was mooed at! Though, I may have run just a little bit faster.

The boy is finishing up his year in kindergarten this week.  He had an awards ceremony a few days ago and I got a little choked up.  He's still little compared to so many others in his grade.  But he's running over with personality and brilliance.  The little man has had a really good year--we're so proud of him and how far he's come!  He's also got a birthday coming up--and it's going to be Awesome!

The preschool we've been involved in for the past couple of years is expanding to include kindergarten through eighth grade in the fall.  It's a massive undertaking.  I've volunteered my time and pr skills and created a brochure and mailing for them.  I'll also be involved in the school itself as one of the art people.  When I was first asked to help out with the brochure it never even crossed my mind that I would be compensated for my time.  Imagine my surprise a few days ago when the director of the preschool called and asked if, in lieu of payment, Kyleigh would be interested in joining them for one week of their summer camp program.  A program we never even considered due to its cost.  And now she gets to go to next week's camp.  Simply because I replied, "Sure, not a problem" when someone else asked me for a favor.  I made the mistake of talking to her about it...the girl was ready to head out this morning! But, Mommy! I have to go see my friends!  Time is such a fickle thing in the world of 3-year-olds.

We're all anxiously awaiting the end of next week--cousins will be out of school as well!  Out door pools are open.  Parks to visit.  Sprinklers to run through.  Adventures to be had.  The days will be just packed!

4 comments:

Anita said...

I'm back to running, too, after a disappointing 5 months of hardly any running.

A half marathon - Wow! I'll be cheering for you.

Glad your kids are well and that you are ready for the upcoming months of summer fun and contributing with the school thing. How nice. :)

mrsofficer said...

oh i dont like humidity! we lived in Iowa for awhile and it was gross lol I picked up running and have gone everyday since I have been out of school. I use the cardiotrainer app not sure but its available on most smart phones and I love it. Thats awesome about your daughter being able to go to camp for FREE! And yes its sad to see our little ones grow up. My eldest is graduating 8th grade and will be a freshman in HS YIKES

Marit said...

love the update!
Marit

Meadowlark said...

Hey chickeee-babeeeee, you ARE looking good!

Had a friend (trick) coax me into joining a "6 weeks to a 3k" training program for old people the other day. I was surprised at how much my body remembered, even though it has been 5 or 6 years since I've run. Felt good and I was in better shape than I expected. But still not even CLOSE to catcall material.

Watching your training posts diligently! :)