Saturday, March 12, 2011

Watching for spring...

With all of the changes taking place indoors, we've slightly neglected the outdoors. But no more! Kiddos and I got ourselves to the local nursery this morning. Our spoils included bags of organic garden soil to mix in with the veggie beds, new seeds for starting our own plantlings and a couple rounds of small fence thingies to wrap around the beds in a vain attempt to protect them from the doggie and various other critters. They also each picked out a new plant for the flower garden....hopefully the fence thingie will protect them as well! I'll start up regular updates in the garden journal shortly.

A stop at the home store for a can of zero VOC/non-toxic primer was also in order. Hopefully I'll be able to get started on the mural in the boy's room this week! I'm quite excited for that.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying watching the buds forming on the peach trees and praying we managed to take care of the fungus last year!

No comments: