Saturday, April 24, 2010

A good day...

You know those days...those days where there's no where to go, nothing to do and no one anxious about it? Those days are scarce around here. But we had one today. And it has been delightful.

Even though there was nothing that had to get done--plenty was done. Couch cushion forts morphed into spaceships. Pancakes were made and consumed by all. Rousing games of Hide & Seek, Red light/Green light (with Purple light thrown in by the 2-year-old), hours spent creating Play-doh snakes, fish and monkeys...

All those years spent being a Responsible Adult? This is my reward. I'll take it over a gold watch any day!

2 comments:

Momma Val said...

Gold watch? Hmmm. Anyway, I love the not much happening days and I yearn for the days when both mine can play together like yours are now. Feel a bit off kilter with so much attention going to baby. I LOVE pancake days. Do you remember when it started to change?

Dori said...

Gold watch...flashy reward for "thanks for the job well done" and hearty handshake...

You know, I don't really remember when it all shifted...but one day I heard them playing together. Lasted about 5 seconds. But it was amazing! It does make a huge difference with Jacob being in school in the mornings--Kyleigh gets my full attention then during her nap time, Jacob gets my full attention. Then chaos reigns before and after supper time! :) Hang in there! I'm not about to say it gets easier--but it does shift and change.