Monday, April 12, 2010

Conversations...

This morning began with an email exchange with an old friend...actually, the morning started way before that, but this was the part out of the ordinary...

Last Monday I was ready to lay down and give up. This Monday I'm ready to fight. Thank God for new strength and clarity of vision.

Share? Because today I'm at that "lay down and give up" stage...

It's about realizing I'm not in control. The overwhelming circumstances and difficult people that are bludgeoning me to death are subject to the power and authority of Jesus. I put my focus squarely on Him and let go of the things that are hurting me and dragging me down and He gives me rest. His rest gives me strength to fight another day. Don't give up Dori. Remember Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me."

Very simple words. Don't give up.

Then my dad called. He asked if there was anything he could do to help this week. He's coming in tomorrow to spend the afternoon with the kiddos and to fix supper. Such a small thing. But to me it's Huge.

Last night Jacob asked us if angels were Real. His dad and I both answered emphatically and positively. Yes. Angels are Real. And I find myself surrounded by them. Always.

2 comments:

Marit said...

Amen Dori! So glad to hear you got the support you needed.
Hugs from Holland.

Suburbia said...

So lovely to read. So glad you have some support, I know how much it is needed sometimes.

Hugs