Saturday, April 6, 2013

Tourists in our own backyard...

Yesterday we decided to join the rest (of what seemed like) the entire country and travel up to our nation's capital.  The boy has been begging, pleading to visit the Museum of Natural History.  For one reason only...DINOSAURS!


We were sharing my little camera...it was fun going back through them and seeing the difference in our pictures.  His...


Rawr!

Mine...


My inner paleontologist heart squeed when I saw the working lab.  
That has got to be one of the coolest Smithsonian gigs ever!

Of course, we had to get a picture with the fossils.  It wasn't until I was uploading my pictures that I realized the skull in the background is in the same position as the dinosaur on his shirt.  He was a very happy boy!


It was a gorgeous spring day for a walk down the National Mall.  Making our way from the NMNH to the American Indian Museum...with the capital building in the distance.  
I was bringing up the rear in my Boot and cane...


The beautiful and graceful fountains in front of the American Indian Museum...


Taking a short break, taking in the sun...


Learning about building an igloo in the American Indian Museum's discovery center...


The one memorial we managed to get to 
(our focus this trip was the two museums we went to)...


One very handsome sailor.

No comments: