Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Motivation...

Getting back into the rhythm of school and running hasn't exactly been smooth.  It's still hot and I'm having to make choices between running in the heat at 9 am or hanging out in a quiet house that I have all to myself for three hours.  I gotta tell ya...some days? Sitting on the couch for three hours is awfully tempting.  My body is still in recovery...sorta...and still dealing with other issues.  My attitude towards running has sorta been "meh."

Then earlier this week I read this...a fellow runner and a-MAZ-ing baker who was also feeling meh regarding her running.  Seriously? Anyone uses "must outrun zombies" as a motivation is a Role Model in my books!

And then there's this girlie...


The whole reason I started down this crazy road to begin with! Sheesh.  How much trouble would I be in if I let her down?!

So...I'm back to lacing up the running shoes whenever I get the chance.  This morning was 7:30 in the rain.  It was short.  But it was still a run.  And running my neighborhood was like running with an old friend.  I seriously have no desire...no fire...for another 13.1 miles or beyond.  But there are shorter races on my horizon.  I want to finish strong.  Because I have to.



PS...not only are we as a family recruiting team members for this year's National Arthritis Foundation's Jingle Bell 5k, I'm also privileged to be a member of the planning committee for the event.  If anyone wants to know how they can help out, please feel free to email me at smplydori (at) gmail (dot) com.

No comments: