Saturday, February 12, 2011

Change of heart...

Before he left for work I asked if he could please move my stand mixer over to the counter so I could use it in the morning. I'm pretty sure lifting that behemoth from it's above waist-high (of course, that's a relative distance...some of us are vertically challenged) shelf, carrying it across the kitchen to the, again, above waist-high counter is not on my doctor's list of approved activities for being broken.

So...whatcha gonna make?

I'm trying something new...a jelly roll type thing...

Meh...

A chocolate one.

Eh...

But instead of jelly I was going to use the Best Icing Ever with strawberries mixed in.

Oh! Well. That's all right then.


Thanks to Darla over at Bakingdom for not just the amazing chocolate sponge cake recipe...I only adapted it a little...but also for leading me to the Best Icing Ever a while back! I cut down the butter in the icing...I think I like it better this way. And the inside bit has a strawberry simply fruit spread mixed in. Oh, yeah...it's that good. But so very rich...a tiny slice goes a long way! And thanks to my ancient copy of Better Homes and Garden's cook book for the jelly rollin' directions. A little more work upfront, but then once it's out of the oven and rolled...it's done and you have Cake!

I've never been one to go all gooey over Valentine's Day, but I've been itching to try this and now I can pass off the all prettied up cake to the wonderful folks at church tomorrow! So, anyway...Happy (early) Valentine's.

1 comment:

randompawses said...

The jelly roll sounds wonderful, but... Oh, Dori! Your poor back!! Mine hurts in sympathy. Wish I could help with the baking....