Saturday, January 10, 2015

The highlight reel...

Celebrating this amazing boy's 9th birthday in the same home on the shores of Lake Victoria where I celebrated mine...


A journey through the Serengeti...all the many times I've made that same journey and this one time I saw the most animals ever.  
A massive herd of elephants and the babies. 
Baby elephant!


After a whole day searching, the largest lion pride I'd ever seen...
just hanging out in the sun...


A walk through the Olduvai Gorge with my children...


A hike through the rainforest on Mt. Kilimanjaro...
a glacier melt waterfall as our reward...


My first Comic Con! 
A Q&A with Adam Freakin' West (who turned out to be kind of a dirty old man) 
and Burt Ward (who was just delightful)...


A photo op with this lot! Members of the 501st Legion...proving that I am, indeed a lot short for a Stormtrooper.  Honestly? This made my whole year. 


Celebrating this amazing girl child's 7th birthday...where have these years gone?!


Rounding out my year with the thing I did just for me. A weekend spent with three amazing and wonderful friends...no children, no husbands.  Just us.  
The ocean is healing, even in the December cold. 
We determined it to be an annual Thing. Our families all agreed. 


2014. Summed up. 


1 comment:

Marit said...

just lovely to see you writing again!