Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The day so far...

The little ones have been sucker punched with another cold and I, once again, am having to deal with no one keeping their bodily fluids to themselves.

So far this morning I have been sneezed on, coughed on, spit up on and I came this close to stepping in cat throw up. Oddly enough, Kyleigh peeing on me after her bath last night didn't bother me at all. That I can handle. Jacob missing the tissue and blowing his nose on my hand--not so much.

And I found out I still cry at the end of The Lion King.

The big, glaring light at the end of my tunnel on days like this is knowing that 8 o'clock will come. Just like it does every night. Sigh. It's not even noon yet!

2 comments:

Suburbia said...

My heart goes out to you, I remember those days. Not that they are totally over but they aren't quite so 'messy' now! The but about blowing his nose in your hand made me laugh anyway!!
Good luck with the rest of your day:)

Anonymous said...

"The Fox and The Hound" totally made me cry. I can't remember if "The Lion King" did or not. It's been so long since I've seen that movie.

Fun stuff being peed on, vomited on and phlegmed on (no, I'm sure phlegm can't be used as a verb, but I did anyway, lol). When it rains, it pours here with sickness. I rejoice in the day that all six of us don't catch a bug that one of us initially caught, but that happens so rarely. And of course it doesn't happen all at once, it happens in waves as one is getting over it, the other one is getting it. By this way, we can all get it again, YEE HAW!

Oh and I meant to tell you after reading one of your previous posts, I had a baby that slept soundly through the night from about 2 months on, Cody.....and then I had a baby that woke every four hours for almost two years wanting to nurse, Kailea.... I guess it can go either way, eh! BUT you are right, those quiet moments are very special and I always enjoyed them so close to me. The time is fleeting. Enjoy it!