Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Stuck in 19...1985

Some things are allowed--encouraged even--to leave the 80's and join us today in the 21st century.

Bon Jovi
then and now (oh, my)











Andrew McCarthy
then and now
(and it wasn't just about the bike!)


















But are you kidding me? This fad has gotta stay lost in the 80's! That's how we disguised the fact we were wearing missionary barrel bell bottoms that were too short! Pair that with mismatched neon socks and a pair of jelly shoes and you have my fashion statement for pretty much the entire year of 1985!

Rolled up jeans shows up on the "Hot" list for this fall fashions--fall of 2008! It wasn't a good look in 1988, so why should it be a good look 20 years later?!


















Hmmm...however, I did look pretty cool in my turquoise Chucks. And we did get the only encore request in the talent show that night.

It was a rousing rendition of Louis Louis....aouh, we gotta go now.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Dude. I had totally forgotten that you played the sax. Between the your fashion sense and musical prowess, your kids really have a lot to live up to. :)

Marit said...

Good memories! Do you still play the sax? I still have my clarinet.... up in the attic, under a layer of dust, covered with a coating of nostalgia.

Dori said...

That saxophone was donated to Rosslyn when I left...sigh. Never picked it up again. Not like I was ever any good at it anyway!!
And, Melanie, What can I say? I was a trend setter! :D I'm thrilled when my son simply gets his underwear on frontways.

Tina said...

You brought back memories for me also!!!! I think I may have rolled my jeans too and had no idea they were coming back!! I am with ya on the ...UHHHH....I don't think so!!!!

Suburbia said...

Ha! Great old photos in both posts!
Great news about rolled up jeans being in fashion again too because Tall Girl has grow out of all hers (they look as though they have had an argument with her socks!) so if we roll them up they'll be just fine. Thanks!!

Dori said...

Sub--yep, that's me...on the upward part of the fashion bell curve! My finger on the pulse of fashion. Always happy to help.